question

ejm avatar image
ejm asked

temp sensor for Victron Quattro

setup.jpgsetup3.jpgCould someone please help with where to connect the temp sensor. or if they have a picture. I tried figuring it out, but I am not 100% sure.

Temperature Sensor
setup.jpg (2.4 MiB)
setup3.jpg (2.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

On the negative battery terminal.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

ok, does this sound correct?

I use this wire below.

Above picture

Black end of the wire goes into T-sense input ( – input)
Red end goes into T-sense input (+ input)

Below picture

The other end of the wire gets mounted to the end of the negative buss bar below, see arrow and circle.

1699370598159.png (91.7 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yep. That is correct.

Also set in DVCC that is the temp sensor you want the system to use for low temp cut off. Especially if you are planning on reconnecting the ve bus smart dongle.

A small suggestion on your battery set up. Move one of your take off points to the opposite side of the bus bar. Connecting to one battery on one end is not great for current sharing the end one will work the hardest.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejm avatar image ejm Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Great tip, thank you! When I hook up the temp sensor. what do I connect first the connection to the battery terminal or wires to the t sense?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
Just to be clear, that's not a Quattro/MultiPlus temp sensor, that's a BMV-702/712/SmartShunt temp sensor you have pictured. These are not interchangeable. Your Quattro will have come with the correct temperature sensor, though, so just make sure to use the correct one! It will still have a red and black wire, but no inline fuse, and no yellow flag that says "for BMV-702/712 ONLY" like the one you have pictured does.
0 Likes 0 ·
ejm avatar image ejm Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

this is the one I odered is this correct?

1699386734543.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1699386734543.png (412.0 KiB)
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ ejm commented ·
Yep, that's the correct one!
-1 Like -1 ·
ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

Great tip, thank you! When I hook up the temp sensor. what do I connect first the connection to the battery terminal or wires to the t sense?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
To the t sense first.

You can check if it is working on the GX under the Quattro.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

This is the one I ordered from amazon. Im not sure if I have the wire it came with at the cabin. I figured it would be a back up wire if I didnt have it.

1699387020917.png

1699387020917.png (105.4 KiB)
2 |3000

theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

And just to be sure: the big cable eye is not connected on to anything. It's just the housing of the temperature sensor, glued inside the cable eye. The reason that Victron used a cable eye as a sensor housing, is to mount it to a busbar or teminal, which you want to monitor on temperature.

2 |3000

ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

I tried hooking it up and received this error code below. I did find a wire that looked just like T sensor wire, but it had two terminals instead of the one. I am assuming they want me to hook one to the positive and one to the negative on the battery bank. Could anyone help?

1699903814457.png

the wire I found with my Victron stuff looked like this..

1699904297602.png

1699903814457.png (355.8 KiB)
1699904297602.png (36.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

No, that's not a temp sensor connector. Post a photo of how you hooked the temp sensor you ordered from Amazon up to your Quattro, maybe the connection is bad or AMZ sent you the wrong temp sensor or something.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

I disconnected it because the alarm kept going off. I hooked it up to the negtive on the battery to the t-sensor red to the + and black to the -

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor