question

Paul Reeve avatar image
Paul Reeve asked

How can I install git in Venus OS Large?

I have a number of Signal K development plugins with embedded github: dependencies in their package.json files.

I can, of course, install a top-level module using npm with a URL into github.com, but when the npm installer hits a github: dependency it reaches out for git which isn't part of VenusOS Large and appears not to be available as as an opkg package.

There are various workarounds that I can imagine to the module package configurations and architectures or to my working practices, but they all introduce significant unnecessary complexity which is only required to fix the absence of git in Venus.

So, I wonder if anyone addressed this absence of git or has any suggestions on a way forwards that would allow me to stick with the stock VenusOS Large image (rather than a bespoke OS compile/packaging)?

Paul

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·
/opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/resize2fs.sh
opkg update
opkg install git

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ayoze avatar image Ayoze commented ·
thanks a lot!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources