question

peter-neuhoff avatar image
peter-neuhoff asked

ESS AC lads not matching discharge battery

Dear all,

I have a ESS system installed - I have since the setup a sig difference in the watts used AC loads vs grid setpoint and Battery discharge. Until now I did not care so much but as I am now using dynamic ESS I want to make sure that the algorithm is based on the correct values. Normally the AC load is 2x what battery is discharging with a grid setpoint of 40 watts.

scan.png

Any ideas?

Thanks Peter

ess settings
scan.png (165.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Peter Neuhoff

Check your phase compensation and the way it is metering.

The battery is feeding L1 with the grid. With 50W difference (so system consumption?)

L2 looks like passthrough.

L3 has no load but show minus on the grid meter. So usually phase compensation?

I do not know how that will affect dynamic ESS. Can't use it where we are.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-neuhoff avatar image
peter-neuhoff answered ·

Dear @Alexandra

thanks for your response however I am a bit lost now what to check. The Grid Information is feeded from a Sunny Home Manager 2.0 via this script (https://github.com/mitchese/shm-et340). The AC load is based on venus os calculation. Battery discharge and PV charging / power provider is integrated correctly. also the grid point balancing is working ok.

Therefore it seems that the ac load is calculated wrongly?

thanks Peter

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Is the PV inverter off there in the screenshot in your original post?

In the GX ESS menu is the system set to use the grid meter?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic