question

graemek avatar image
graemek asked

Cerbo GX offline/can't 'forget' wifi network and scan for network again

This posts has multiple facets, so please forgive the length and my IT deficits.

Cerbo GX without touchscreen was installed with the victron system. Initially connected to Wi-Fi via the VRM portal via the victron energy website. That lasted 3 weeks. That configuration did not have the remote console display but had a dashboard showing the data I needed. System has now been off-line for six days.

On the VRM portal, 'device list' indicates last seen 6 days ago and when expanding '+' says remote console on VRM enabled but not online.

There was a tutorial I followed to install the victron connect app. I connected into the cerbo GX with the Cerbo GX Wi-Fi name, but noted in network settings that my home Wi-Fi was ticked but message on top of screen indicated 'not connected to a wireless network'. It invited you to 'click a network below to connect'. It would not enable me to forget the currently ticked home Wi-Fi (showing 2 bars signal strength) on the frozen screen or to 'scan for networks'.

I have thought of getting a touchscreen to avoid Wi-Fi connection but prefer Wi-Fi connection for remote support or flexibility.

I thought of getting a dongle as the Wi-Fi signal appears weak. Iphone goes from 1-2 bars at Cerbo location. I can't log into the VRM system to get the stats as to signal strength. I cant get remote console option on app, when i was initially connected to cerbo wifi network and then connected to home wifi network.

1. What should I do to try to get it to scan for network or forget network etc?

2. Is there a good dongle which is known to increase signal strength significantly? Modem is approx 21m from cerbo and cerbo is in steel cabinet on an external brick wall. One expensive option appears to be:

Victron GX WiFi module long range (Netgear AC1200)

Any suggestions very welcome. Want to be off grid but the technology frustrates me:)

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers