question

ryanw avatar image
ryanw asked

Victron phoenix inverter 12/375 - Earthing with earth leakage - fixed application. - Earthing with earth leakage - fixed application.

Hi, In the manual for the Victron phoenix inverter 12/375 there is a reference to earth arrangements if the invert output is used with earth leakage. They show in appendix A an earth jumper, however when I opened the inverter this jumper is not present. It also does not have the lug spade connectors on the PCB. I have earthed the chassis using the provided earth terminal and the earth leakage operates correctly when the test button is pushed. As this is a back up system for a fish pond pump I want to make sure that earthing the chassis is adequate to ensure the earth leakage will operate correctly.

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is possible to make a true neutral by connecting ONE of the AC-OUT terminals to the chassis and then the chassis MUST be earthed. The AC-OUT terminal that is connected to the chassis will become the neutral and the other one will be live.
Before you connect ONE of the AC-OUT terminals to the chassis make sure that they are indeed floating and neither is connected to the chassis.

If you don't understand what I have said, what the manual is saying or you are in any way unsure then have your electrician check over your installation and ensure that he performs proper tests on your system especially where water is involved.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic