question

lapachon avatar image
lapachon asked

No charging status from the battery; No supply the AC load from the batterys

Hello!

I have install my new Easysolar in Combination with a Raspberry Venus OS (MK3 Bus Cable is installed and works. I also connect the MPPT with the Ve.direct Cable. It also works.). The installation was very easy.

But i have two problems:

1. I can't read the charging status from my battery. I used 2 100Ah AGM Battery in serial from my not used USV.
  2. If i disable the circuit from the Grid, the Battery take over. This works. But i want it this way:
    1. When the sun is shining, the Easysolar should load the battery and supply the AC loads.
    2. When the sun is gone, i wan't to supply my AC Loads from the Batterys.
    3. If the Battery are empty. the grid should take over.

Is there somthing what i can do? I found somthin like "ignore AC in". Could this be a solution?

Thank your very much!

BR
Walter

1697802803279.png

1697802783663.png

EasySolar All-in-Onevictron products
1697802783663.png (86.3 KiB)
1697802803279.png (53.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Yes, the "ignore AC in" option is what you need. This will power the loads from the battery, until the battery reaches low state of charge, then it will switch to the ACin. If you don't want to charge your battery from the mains input, then you can set the inverter charging current (NOT the batter max charge current parameter) to a low value. The battery max charge current value should not be used for this, as the Venus OS will otherwise limit the max charge current from the solar too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page