question

Alex avatar image
Alex asked

VRM - "Unknown error" when trying to log in on my PC

I found that I can get into VRM on my cell phone but not on my PC, for more than two weeks now. I routinely look at my site's data on a daily basis. I have tried multiple PC and house modem resets and even clearing my Chrome browser history with no success.

The problem started suddenly and unexpectedly -I got the red message "Warning Unexpected error. Please try again later" when I had been logged in wth success for more than a year.

I tried to get the data several times but the problem persists. Then I logged out of VRM on my PC and now I get the same error when I try to log in to VRM as well. I tried to use the "Forgot password" option but I also get the same error for that case.

In summary I can't get into VRM on my PC at all, but I can get into VRM on my cell so I know that my site is on line. I am running Windows 11.

It is up to date. I also run paid Nord VPN, AVG antvirus and Malwarebytes. From my perspective all is well as regards my equipment. I am connected to fibre, running around 45 Mbps. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

vrm bug
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Alex ,

I’ve asked the VRM team to have a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex avatar image Alex Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·

Could you please post some screenshots of what you see?

Does logging in work and just not the dashboard, or is it something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex avatar image Alex Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

1697699115420.png

Ok, here is the screen shot. I used to be able to log in. Before that when I was logged in, I got exactly the same response, the red warning.

0 Likes 0 ·
1697699115420.png (65.5 KiB)
2 Answers
Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Alex , I have a suspicion that your VPN is being blocked on our side (probably due to ratelimiting). This can happen if multiple (heavy) VRM users are on the same VPN endpoint, which for us seems like a lot of traffic coming from a single spot. We automatically block this to keep load manageable. Could you please try without the VPN enabled on your desktop?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex avatar image
Alex answered ·

Hi @Jarco, I stopped my VPN and was still unable to login to VRM. I reset my PC and my modems and tried again, still without success. Then I cleared my Chrome data and tried again, still no go.

As an observation - my VPN worked fine with VRM for months, this is a recent problem, dating back to a few weeks. The problem started when I was initially logged into VRM. Suddenly the "Unknown error" came up and I couldn't see any data or graphs. I logged out of VRM and now I can't log back into VRM, I get the same "Unknown" error.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic