question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Cable for smart bms cl 12/100 to multiplus 12/2000 VA

Hi, I’ve install the cable from the smart bms cl 12/100 to the multiplus 12/2000va into the remote on/off (red top, black bottom) the multiplus will not switch on! However once I disconnect and replace factory black u wire in remote switch all is working. I’m sure I’m missing something simple, but can anyone advise please?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The remote on the BMS is not designed to be connected to the remote on the Multi...

Remote on/off terminal
• The Remote on/off terminal can be used to disable alternator charging while the BMS functionality will remain active regardless
of the remote on/off state.

You need to install the 2 wire BMS assistant and to wire up the load and charge enable connections per the manual

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems/smart-bms-current-limiter#manuals

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

big-ste avatar image
big-ste answered ·

Thanks Mike, do I use the alarm contact and if so which of the 3 contacts? Cheers.img-0329.jpeg

img-0329.jpeg (191.3 KiB)
2 |3000