question

looknow12 avatar image
looknow12 asked

NEW Sustain Mode shifted to storage mode

So upgraded and put unit into sustain mode. Two questions.

1. The system when from Sustain mode over to storage mode. Everything was working great. SOC was being maintained at about 30% (13volts). What triggers that. I understand there is a 7 day timer but I thought that was only if it couldn't keep up.

2. How do we switch modes using the CERBO GX. I'd had to have to open veconfig everytime. I don't have the bluetooth dongle connected because I have the Cerbo GX. Dealer told me the two shouldn't be used together. Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@looknow12

Switch the inverter to charger mode.

What battery type do you have?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

looknow12 avatar image looknow12 commented ·

If you switch to charger only and then back to ON, will it reset the setting? Why isn't there a separate switch for this in Cerbo or VRM?

1 Like 1 ·
looknow12 avatar image looknow12 commented ·

Battery Born 100ah lithium.

Charger Only will cut AC power. Sustain mode passes through the AC power from the grid. 1697205437110.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1697205437110.png (19.5 KiB)
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas looknow12 commented ·
Charger only does not cut ac power, it will passthru.
0 Likes 0 ·
Patrick avatar image
Patrick answered ·

I don’t have an answer. I have the same issue. I currently have AGM batteries and after a week, the system shifts to storage mode. I have tried charge only, inverter only. I even turned the system off to see if it would reset. I can see it quickly cycle thru sustain to storage.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Patrick

Storage mode is a programmed condition triggered usually after 24 hours of not being discharged.

It is parrt of the adaptive charging algorithm.

If you dont want it, disable it.

Confirm you are not running the ESS assistant?

0 Likes 0 ·
Patrick avatar image
Patrick answered ·

I am on a boat so ESS is not an option as far as I know. I want the Sustain mode to run all the time or go back to that mode. Right now, I have to connect the MK3 dongle to get the system back into Sustain.

2 |3000