question

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj asked

Multiplus II retrofit kit SPR00090 doesn't fit

In my Multiplus a vertical pcb and the fan are tightly together so there is no space for the cable from retrofit pcb to fan header to go between them. Did I receive a wrong retrofit kit?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·
Wouldn't say it's the easiest to fit, but fitted mine to mp48/5000
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj answered ·

Victron has no interest in support?

3 comments
2 |3000

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·
If that was true, why did they supply the retrofit kit FOC
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Did you first contacted your supplier?

Can you make some pictures?

0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I contacted my reseller and they said others have had issues too. Lets see...

0 Likes 0 ·
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

@pekkaj what model is your Multiplus?

1 comment
2 |3000

pekkaj avatar image pekkaj commented ·

Multiplus II 12|3000|120 230V

0 Likes 0 ·
dansonamission avatar image
dansonamission answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Yes, the problem is that those images are not from my unit, even though they are supposed to be.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ pekkaj commented ·
The pictures in that document are most likely from a 48V unit.

Can you please make some pictures of your unit?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bert Hennephof avatar image
Bert Hennephof answered ·

Similar problem with the EasySolar II GX

To begin with the MPPT has to be removed to get acces to the area next to the fan. Further there is indeed no space to put the PCB on the suggested location, because there are to connectors from another board in the way.

So I tied the PCB to some thick cables in the near area. Not a nice solution, but it will work.

Anyway: not a 10 minute job as per description, but almost an hour.

2 |3000

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj answered ·

In case someone is interested in this, I got a replacement PCB from Victron and installed it. Now fan noise is better but cooling is compromised. I had charging in original PCB limited to 1000W, now it is 1500W since I don't have means to program Multiplus. Every 30 minutes unit overheats and switches off charging for couple of minutes, then continues. Unit is installed horizontal so maybe it would work vertically.

2 |3000

pv-bauer avatar image
pv-bauer answered ·

Hello pekkaj,

well it seems that we got the wrong kits.

I still have the same problem with the Retrofit Kit in a MultiPlus-II 12|3000|120 230V.
My dealer send me an "1x SPR00090 – PCBA MGR50_MP_II fan PWM converter 40KHz" like it is mentioned in the Tech note – May 2023
https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/50801-2023-02-mpii-retrofit-kit-to-reduce-low-rpm-fan-no.pdf

https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/54221-2023-05-mpii-retrofit-kit-to-reduce-low-rpm-fan-no.pdf

The cables seems to be ca. 2cm to short.
(The connection for the Fan is not on the left side, it is at an other position on the Mainboard, under the fan next to the vertical pcb.)

I send an email with a picture to Victronenergy Repairs (mentioned in the Tech note)
The answer:
"We have a spare part with a longer cable. This is SPR00091, you can also order this on your eOrder account."

I don't have an eOrder account, so I still contact my dealer (and actually wait for an answer).

1 comment
2 |3000

Yeah, that would explain the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·