question

hervea avatar image
hervea asked

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle and issue iPhone 15 Pro Max bluetooth connection

Hello,

I just upgraded to the latest iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS version 17.0.3.

The Ve.direct Smart Dongle is connected to the SmartSolar MPPT 100 and has the slowly blue light blinking indicating it is awaiting a Bluetooth connection.

But despite scanning for devices under my iPhone's Bluetooth settings, the dongle does not appear. I even purchased a new dongle, but the issue persists.

is it a known issue that the iphone 15 is not able to recognize the bluetooth signal from this dongle?

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Don't scan for devices under your phone's BT settings; your phone can't connect to the dongle. Install VictronConnect, making sure to grant it access to location services, and scan for devices from VictronConnect.

Additionally: Why do you have a VE.Direct Bluetooth Dongle connected to your SmartSolar? SmartSolar MPPTs already have bluetooth built-in, no need for a dongle unless you're using it to try to extend the BT range?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic