question

twistedtree avatar image
twistedtree asked

What is the power supply voltage range for an Octo

I am wiring up an Octo in a 48V system and want to confirm the allowable power supply voltage range. It's not listed in the spec sheet for all the other GX devices, and I don't want to just presume it's up to 70V as many (but not all) of the GX devices can accept. Documentation on the Octo is non-existant.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The Octo GX is deprecated, thus why it's difficult to find documentation on it - I forget when exactly it was discontinued, but it's been some time now.

The input voltage range is the same as the current GX range (with the exception of the CANvu) 8-70vDC so you should be fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

twistedtree avatar image
twistedtree answered ·

OK, thanks. I like it because you can directly connect 4 MPPTs via VE.Direct. I don't think you can do that with any of the other GX devices.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Not directly without other steps to take, no; the current range of GX devices can handle far more than the Octo can, but only through using a VE.Direct USB Interface for the additional VE.Direct devices, so although the Octo is no longer manufactured, if you have one and it still works there's no reason not to use it!

0 Likes 0 ·