question

sailingolli avatar image
sailingolli asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 Firmware Upgrade from 485 to 506 using VRM Failed Error mk2vsc-61

Hello,

Today I upgraded our Multiplus from version 485 to 506 for the solar priority option.

I did this all through the VRM portal and it worked great up to around 87%.

It then failed with an "Incompartible VE Bus system configuration. Writing system configuration failed" Error mk2vsc-61.

I did notice that my CerboGX also needed a firmware upgrade, so I did that after the 506 upgrade.

The Touch50 is now showing the Multiplus as having firmware 506.

But E3 on screen of DMC display.

Does anyone have the firmware file for 506, so that I can re-apply?

Or any suggestions to load a system configuration file?

Thanks,

Stefanie

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Signup for a victron proffesional account and you will have access to the firmware files. If the update failed you will most likely need to use ve.flash

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

sailingolli avatar image sailingolli commented ·
Hi, yes, I disconnected the RJ45 network cable from the BMS and the DMC. Not sure why but after a couple of hours everything sprinted back to life and the system is now working on the latest firmware. Thanks to everyone. x
0 Likes 0 ·
sailingolli avatar image
sailingolli answered ·

Thank you. I managed to get it sorted. The system just needed time to upgrade the database. Everything was on the latest firmware including the Multiplus, but it didn't start working for a couple of hours and then bounced to life with no error at all. Thanks everyone.

2 |3000