question

rod.peel avatar image
rod.peel asked

Why does an ephemeral green line appear on the Dashboard graph of SOC and consumption?

When first called up onto my computer, the Dashboard page SOC and usage graph shows a green band (which appears to be either rate of discharge of battery or batery output range. This band is trunbcated by current time. The band disappears after less than a minute on screen.
Can anyone enlighten me as to its purpose and why it disappears so quickly?

dashboard displayvrm bug
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @rod.peel,

It sounds like a small glitch.

The green line on the VRM historical data dashboard is only supposed to appear when the system doesn't have a state of charge or kWh reading. When it gets the SOC reading, it should hide the green voltage reading and show the blue SOC reading instead.

It sounds like something is going a little bit awry, nothing to worry about though :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rod.peel avatar image rod.peel commented ·
Thank you Guy. I am accessing my VRM Portal (in Bolivia) from Zurich in Switzerland via a VPN in Austria. There are probably endemic delays which are causing this 'Green Flash'. It's nice to know that there is no fault.
0 Likes 0 ·
multivictor avatar image
multivictor answered ·

I had the same observation. :-)
No VPN and in Belgium.
I can only see the green graph when VRM is started and before PV production is started. During the first production the graph disappears.
Not bothersome at all, but I was also curious what it was as I had never noticed this before.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/236106/new-temporary-graph-in-vrm.html?childToView=236797#answer-236797

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic