question

bruce-thomas avatar image
bruce-thomas asked

Charging Station NS, Charging Cable?

Can someone help me locate a compatible charging cable? We have a J1772 vehicle and will be using 7.3kW in single-phase mode. There are no cables in stock here in the US with our vendor. Looked on Amazon but could not find anything that looked correct.

Thanks!

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The charging station has the European Typ 2 connector, you will need an adapter for that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bruce-thomas avatar image bruce-thomas commented ·

Matthias, thank you for the response. That explains why there are no cables in stock here in the US. I bought a Victron charger because their products work so well on our boat I wanted to stay with Victron. I am new to the to the EV world. We bought a Jeep Wrangler 4XE. It has a J1772 connector.

If I understand this correctly I need an adapter that is Male IEC 62196-2 to plug into the charger and female J1772 for the cable?

Than I would need a J1772 extension cable that is Male J1772 on the adapter end and then a standard car connector on the female end?

I have the charger and take delivery of the vehicle end of the week. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·