question

serenity avatar image
serenity asked

Cerbo GX w/ 6 MPPT Solar Controllers

I have six (6) MPPT Solar Controllers installed on our sailboat. I am planning to install a new Cerbo GX Comm Controller along with our new Multiplus II inverter/charger. I see that the Cerbo GX has only three (3) ve.direct ports. I've read conflicting information regarding how to properly connect all six (6) MPPT controllers. I'm looking for clarification:

1) do we connect three (3) controllers using ve.direct cables to the available three (3) ports on the Cerbo GX and then connect the other three (3) controllers using ve.direct to USB cables to a powered USB hub and then connect the hub to one (1) of the available USB ports on the Cerbo GX?

or

2) do we connect all six (6) controllers using ve.direct to USB cables and a powered USB hub and then connect the hub to one (1) of the available USB ports on the Cerbo GX?

Thank you in advance!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Both options will work, but 1. will be a bit cheaper

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.