question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

Hardware revision of inverters?

Hi Everyone,

This has been asked many times but no answer has been forthcoming. Example here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/189784/imbalance-when-running-two-multiplus-iis-in-parall.html

Basically, I want to parallel two Quattro's with a potential of adding more later. My fear is having an all too common imbalance which brings inefficiency to the system. Victron's "solution" of informing the vendor beforehand to get closely matched hardware is not an option as the Victron vendors here are fake (they take the money and run) and I didn't have the money to buy many inverters at once.

So, is there a way to tell the hardware revision number of a Victron inverter/charger? Apparently, some have a label with a hardware revision number but not all.

Fideri

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Inverters have a serial number with the manufacture date. They aren't marked as rev1, 2, 3 etc like you see on mppts. It's best to keep the manufacture dates as close together as possible, typically sub-2-years.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
That's more practical, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic