question

kaarthik avatar image
kaarthik asked

IN CERBO SHOWS LESS WATTS AND HIGH CURRENT

power.jpgImage CaptionWe installed nine numbers of Quattro inverters with a capacity of 15kVA, accompanied by seven Smart Solar MPPT 250/85 units and a Fronius ECO 27kW inverter. Upon reviewing the cerbo datas, it's evident that, even without taking power from grid for a load, the system draws a higher current from the AC input while producing less wattage. For your reference, please find the attached images. Please help me to understand what is the issue.

whatsapp-image-2023-09-26-at-33702-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2023-09-26-at-34355-pm.jpeg
cerbo gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Is the fronius on the output?

Is it charging batteries at this time?

If you disconnect the grid does it read more normally?

0 Likes 0 ·
kaarthik avatar image kaarthik Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Dear Alexandra ,

Thanks for your advice , but we need the excess power to supply other loads on input side , we cant just disconnect Grid.i want to know why it is like that what is the permanent solution for this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kaarthik commented ·
Troubleshooting will require a bit of discomfort. But since the place must have been running before the system was in I am going to say there are power sources. Loads before the inverter won't be off.

Or you can leave it....

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi there , Alexandra has asked, this information as its needed to give you a hand and a direction to look at , the issue will be a setup issue more that 99% likely, also a diagram showing your setup inc how the grid tie units are connected and what size they are,as well ie single phase or 3 phase. and have you connected all the ve direct outputs from your 7 mppt units to the cerbo and how these are connected, and if not then how is the system reading the output from the solar mppt units plus a few pictures of the installation would be helpfull

i am presuming that you are paralleling 3 x 15va units and each one of these sets of 3 have been connected one set to l1 another set to l2 and the last paralleled set to l3, and that these have been configured correctly. into a 3 phase setup

are they all on the latest 506 fw for each quattro and has the cerbo and mppt units been updated as well

also how is the grid tie unit connected and how is its output information been added to the cerbo

and a full list of all items installed.

this is a max system output of 45va per phase so total output is 135VA

We cant help unless all the systems setup information is supplied.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kaarthik avatar image kaarthik commented ·
Dear Paul ,

1.It is 3 phase configuration ,all properly configured as ESS.

2.among 7 MPPT connected via CAN bus -3 nos , ve direct -4 nos

3.fronius is 27kw pv side loaded each 30kw

4.yes all the inverter and MPPT including fronius and cerbo in latest firmware. fronius is connected output of victron inverter.

Please let me know any other information needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kaarthik

A random thought.

The fronius X 2 are programmed in what position in the system?

I have seen systems where the current is added to the input, they are on the output but the system has been told they are in the input.

So check inverter position in set up and also what is metering the power coming in in system set up.

2 comments
2 |3000

kaarthik avatar image kaarthik commented ·

fronius2.jpgImage Caption

fronius-1.jpg

Dear Alexandra,

please find the attached screen shot for the ac output position

0 Likes 0 ·
fronius2.jpg (28.9 KiB)
fronius-1.jpg (23.5 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kaarthik commented ·
Have you done any power data logging on site? THD and power factor?
0 Likes 0 ·