question

brian-p avatar image
brian-p asked

IP65 500amp shunt in RV with 2 battery system and solar charging system

Hello, I'm wanting to know how to install the IP65 Smart Shunt in my RV with two batteries wired in parallel that's mostly charged via a 400 watt solar system from Renogy. I've looked over the different install configurations that came with the shunt, but none of them are very clear how I hook up the shunt to view the status of both batteries independantly while still being able to charge the batteries via my solar system. I've attached a photo on how my system is currently setup.

Am I stuck just wiring up the shunt to show the status of both batteries together?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanksrv-dual-battery-system.jpg

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The shunt treats this as a single battery.

If you wish to monitor each separately you'll need a second shunt. One shunt in the neg cable of each battery and then bridge the load/system sides of the shunts. Move all neg cables to the bridge point. I'd recommend using a busbar for this.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brian-p avatar image brian-p commented ·
Thanks Kevgermany, I was afraid I'd have to buy a second shunt. I think I'll just use the one and get the total for both batteries.

Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic