question

tim-sv-always avatar image
tim-sv-always asked

Lynx BMS, Cerbo GX, and Multiplus II

I just updated my Multiplus firmware to the latest version that gives me the option of selecting Victron Smart LiFe04 batteries (which I have). When I do that, it sets the "Configured for VE.BUS BMS" option under the Charger page on my MP. When I apply that configuration (remote through VRM console), my MP goes into low voltage alarm, and displays a VE.BUS error 15. It seems to reboot 3 times before it stays shutdown. When I look in my MP settings through the Cerbo GX my VE.BUS BMS version is --. I haven't done a full restart of my Lynx or Cerbo GX after applying the new MP firmware (those products are also up to date). Any suggestions?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Tim SV-Always,

In VE.Config, click the Charger tab and then click Battery Type. There, you choose Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) batteries. Do not use the Victron Smart Lithium batteries, that is only in conjunction with a VE.Bus BMS, as it says in the text. Ensure the box for Configured for VE.Bus BMS remains unchecked.

bildschirmfoto-2023-09-26-um-083722.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-09-26-um-083656.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tim-sv-always avatar image tim-sv-always commented ·
Thanks. I assumed the Victron Lynx SmartBMS qualified as a VE.Bus BMS given it's connectivity to the batteries and the Cerbo GX.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic