question

glennsa avatar image
glennsa asked

When checking for updates on an EasySolar-II GX 48/5000, the following error message is displayed:

The GX is built into the EasySolar-II, so why is this message displayed?

Even after updating all components to the latest firmware, another check displays the same "Status: No VE.Direct ping reply" error.

1695451002325.png

firmware update
1695451002325.png (15.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
How are you sending the ping?
0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
Can you contact the smart solar MPPT unit directly and check its status (i.e. VE connect on phone with bluetooth? Does it show up on the GX local console / display?
0 Likes 0 ·
glennsa avatar image glennsa Mike Dorsett commented ·

My iPhone cannot detect Bluetooth from the MPPT controller. I even removed the MPPT controller pairing from previously and restarted the battery and inverter after turning them off for half an hour. Still no MPPT Bluetooth detected.

Any idea why? I cannot see any setting in Remote Console where Bluetooth for the MPPT controller has been disabled.

VRM does show the MPPT Controller as being seen a minute ago though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett glennsa commented ·
I would extract the MPPT from the system and bench test it with known good VE-direct cable - However, you may not have the facilities to do this. If you do have a spare VE-direct>> USB cable, it might be worth using a laptop with VE connect to connect directly to the MPPT, do a factory reset, and a manual firmware update. It may be that there was an auto update that got interrupted, and has interfered wiht the coms. Does the unit still function as an mppt?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
glennsa avatar image
glennsa answered ·

VRM is sending the ping, not me.

This is when VRM -> Device List -> Firmware Update is selected.

web-capture-23-9-2023-84331-vrmvictronenergycom.jpeg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.