question

Dave Giller avatar image
Dave Giller asked

Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 fan speed

I have just installed the 12/2000VA/80 Compact in a van.

When the fans turn on due to heating of electrical components (in this case charging from shore at ~8amps AC) they run at a very low speed and notably make a lower frequency buzzing/humming noise. They are not moving much detectable air out the top vents. The fan noise level/tone is annoying enough to seem wrong.

Carefully touching the fans center while running the noise can also be 'felt'. Next carefully disconnecting each one of the fans caused the other to ramp up to full speed.

This is my third build of a mostly Victron based system, so I feel reasonable knowledgeable as to the platform. Other installations have the fan coming on at much higher rpms and making the usual noise.

Q: Is the fan ramped up in speed dependent on heat dissipated or 'full on/full off'? - I cannot find any info as to this.

The Multi-Compact is a smaller form factor inverter, seemingly designed for 'small dwelling' installations, so keeping the noise fan noise levels to a minimum would seem logical. When the fans are not running the inverter is completely silent.

I don't want to thermal stress the electrical components if the fans are indeed not operating correctly, while seeing if they do indeed ramp up.

Current Van system:

Multiplus 12/2000VA/80, Cerbo, bmv712, Orion 12/12-30, Victron MPPT100/20, 3K9kwhr battery (not Victron).

Previous systems built;

Multiplus 10K 230v, 9kw solar, 15kwhr battery

Multiplus 10K 230v, 9kw solar, 30kwhr battery

fan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic