question

bensweden avatar image
bensweden asked

EasySolar 2 GX "charge only" behavior off-grid

I've recently installed an EasySolar 2 GX 48/3000 in my summer cabin. Completely off-grid, no mains. It is connected to four 250ah AGM batteries in series, and charged by five 415w solar panels.

As I now pack up for fall and winter, I've set the power state to "Charge only" (II, right side depressed on the rocker thing). But now I wonder if that was correct: will the solar panels charge the batteries while I'm away?

The cabin is remote and inaccessible for some time - it's on an island in the north of Sweden. It gets very cold and quite dark for some months. I've not had a problem with AGM batteries in this location previously, hooked up to smaller Victor MPPT controllers.

Reading the manual of the EasySolar, however, it states that "Charge only":

When the switch is switched to 'II / Charger Only', only the battery charger of the Multi will operate (if mains voltage is present). In this mode input voltage also is switched through to the 'AC out' terminal.

I also noticed when I went up last weekend that the history in the app showed no (zero) yield from solar the previous days, which I thought was odd since there's been plenty of sun. Everything worked fine though when it was switched to On, and it recorded data for the days I was there.

Do I need to keep the EasySolar mains powered on for charging from Solar to occur, or to have in the "regular" Off setting (centre on the rocker thing).

Thanks for any advice

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers