question

electronicsuk avatar image
electronicsuk asked

External CT on EasySolar 2 with AC PC on the input side

I'm configuring an EasySolar II ESS with both AC loads and AC PV on the input side. I'm fitting a CT to the incoming grid supply, rather than an energy meter, as it's cheaper than an ET112 and I believe it also responds more quickly. This is all shown in the schematic attached.

The AC PV inverter already exists and can't be modified, i.e. it can't be wired to the EasySolar inverter output, nor replaced with a Fronius. The AC PV is sized very close to the UK G98 export limit, so the EasySolar will be configured not to export.

I know that I could fit another AC current sensor to the AC PV inverter and connect to an aux port on the EasySolar, but if I understand correctly, this will only send data to the GX for display in VRM or on a touch panel. It doesn't affect the operation of the inverter at all.

In this configuration, it's possible that on a sunny day with minimal load, the AC PV will be exporting, even though the EasySolar is configured not to export. Will this upset the EasySolar, because it doesn't know where the energy is coming from and will see it as a fault condition? Or will it simply reduce its own output down to zero and not care?

easysolar.png

EasySolar All-in-One
easysolar.png (61.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers