question

portrade avatar image
portrade asked

Firmware update

MultiPlus Compact 12v/2000va/80amp

Firmware label reads 2608154C VFD

Hello,

I have an older MultiPlus unit approx. 12 years old. Having recently changed batteries (Still lead acid) I need to change the battery amp setting on the unit. So connected Mk3/USB to the ve-bus port and my laptop (windows) to get a message that current firmware was unsupported and told to upgrade via VEflash.

I need to do this as the batteries are slowly running down by about 2% per day when connected to a shore line as I presume the setting currently assumes less batteries / amp hr setting.

Given the firmware details above can anyone confirm which I should download and update to? As it is an older unit I don't want to update to a version that the processor cannot cope with.

Many Thanks

Andrew

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @portrade

The 26 is the new processor, the 08 the model (and unlikely it's 12yo). 154 is the firmware it came with.

You should be safe to upgrade all the way to the very newest (506?) firmware. Yes you'll need VEFlash, but not sure if it already comes with that. You can get fw files from Victron Professional (sign in needed).

Follow all the instructions while doing this,

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

portrade avatar image portrade commented ·
Thank you John,

that was very useful and I'm all sorted now

1 Like 1 ·