question

mattyroo avatar image
mattyroo asked

Cerbo Ethernet connection

I have a Cerbo connected via ethernet to a Teltonika RUT955, the Cerbo always says that it is "Retrieving IP Address" and never connects. Have tested the cable, and it is fine.

I can make a manual connection with static IP address, but then there is no internet connectivity.

Connection works fine over wireless to the same Teltonika router.

Why would the unit not connect over a hard wired connection?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

Hello,

Not sure it is related, but I had same issue last week, with a Rpi4 with Venus 3.10#34, connected to a GL.inet router based on OpenWRT, like RUT955.

To make it work again in Ethernet, I had to completely shut down the router, and Rpi. At reboot, everything connected again through Ethernet.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @mattyroo Check on the Rut955 that you have dhcp enabled on the Ethernet interface and that you have the correct private address range 10.0-10.255 or 172.16.0-172,31.255 or 192.168.0-192.168.255 and a solid DNS server addres such as google 8.8.8.8 or one supplied by your isp.

2 |3000

macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

I had the same problem again this morning, after update to 3.10. I had to reboot the router to make the dhcp work again. The link was up, but no dhcp lease was taken. No problems with Wifi on same router.

2 |3000

cika8 avatar image
cika8 answered ·

Same problem here (with same message - retrieving IP address) on 2 Cerbo GX devices, with latest Venus OS 3.10 and TP Link WR741ND (DHCP enabled). I have tried to hard reset router to his default settings, but no luck. Also, connectivity to internet through GX LTE 4G stops, when I plug UTP cable from Router to Cerbo GX ethernet port and it keeps disconnected even after restarting Cerbo GX. After removing UTP cable from Cerbo GX ethernet port, access to the internet appears. I will try connection through WiFi next week.

Best regards. :)

2 |3000

michalgodziszewski avatar image
michalgodziszewski answered ·

I also have the same issue with Ethernet connectivity after updating to version 3.10. I have a Cerbo gx Ethernet kit with DHCP disabled and a static IP address. It was working fine before this update. My cerbo shows ethernet status from "connected" to getting an IP address, despite having dhcp set to disabled. A temporary solution to the problem is to restart the device :(

2 |3000

cika8 avatar image
cika8 answered ·

Update to my previous post: Cerbo gets an IP address when it's connected to WiFi. Didn't tested with the same router, but with Hotspot on mobile device. If there are any updates, I will post them.

Best regards.

2 |3000