question

johnplyler avatar image
johnplyler Suspended asked

Electrical System Setup

I am setting up my electrical system for the first time.

I have LiFePo4 battery to charge and control.

I plan to use a Cerbo GX as the main controller along with the Wakespeed WS500, REC-Active regulator, Victron MPPT and Victron Multip-Plus.

My question: Do I need to load the battery parameters into each component, or just the Cerbo?

Thanks

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·
Hi @johnplyler sounds like a decent system you are putting together. I am wondering what sort of BMS you are using and what your thoughts are on charging the house bank from the alternator. Kind regards Sarah.
2 Likes 2 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@johnplyler

You have to program all the components separately.

The Cerbo does become a coordinator in the system as well, but it is best if each part knows its job as an individual.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

It it vital e.g. were the cerbo to fail, the MPPT will revert to its settings and continue charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnplyler avatar image
johnplyler answered ·

Thanks so much! You will not believe how many times I have asked this question - DragonFly, Current Direct, Off Shore Marine, Sprinter Forum, but you knew the answer! Thanks again!!!

2 |3000