question

keystones19 avatar image
keystones19 asked

Overload Alarm EasySolar 12/1600

We have installed a EasySolar 12/1600 and are getting an overload Alarm . The only reason I know it’s an overload Alarm is from the Phoenix multi control screen when connected via the MK3.

What is the overload alarm ? And how do we clear it ?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello @keystones19,

There is a detailed webinar here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXtGIx0x5w

That explains the overload conditions for Victron inverters, what can lead to them, and how to reduce them.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

keystones19 avatar image keystones19 commented ·

Thanks Guy.

We are greeting the overload alarm, but we have no AC load. The system is new and has been commissioned with the MK3 as required. Can you force re set the unit to clear the Alarms.

We have charged the batteries with a 12 volt charger to get them to float. With have eliminated any issues potential with the caravan MEN. We haven’t altered the breakers or RCD or any internal wiring of the unit.

The dealer we have purchased it from are sending out another unit but I am keen to understand more before we swap it out.

Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Dan Walters

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ keystones19 commented ·

I think the dealer is on the right track.

Overload errors will normally self clear. And should always clear after a manual reset. So there is possibly a fault.

0 Likes 0 ·