question

loum avatar image
loum asked

Sensor voltage to Cerbo tank input

I’m trying to configure a Tech-Edge Moda tank sensor that varies a 1-5 volt signal to a Cerbo DX tank input. I’ve looked at and put together som clugy type circuits - going through an ACD to digital potentiometer, but there must be a better way to translate the voltage into something the Cerbo can read. Has one done this, and if so can you please share the design? Thanks.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Get the Tank140

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Graham Owens avatar image
Graham Owens answered ·

I'm not sure what your experience with electronics is so this is just a suggestion. https://www.analog.com/en/design-notes/digital-pots-achieve-voltagetoresistance-conversion.html describes how to convert from a voltage from your sensor to a resistance the cerbo can read.

1 comment
2 |3000

loum avatar image loum commented ·

Thanks. Yes, played with digital pots for awhile but found they are very light on current capacity, usually below 25mA. So gave up on them and went with relays. Thanks for responding.

0 Likes 0 ·