question

Stan avatar image
Stan asked

MultiPlus II ac line out amperage

Showing amperage on L1 out and negative amperage on L2 out. Only DC is connected. Nothing wired into AC out. Any idea as to what is happening?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conkev23 avatar image conkev23 commented ·
is it a small amount of current or a large amount?

if it is a small amount, say less than an amp, it is probably just noise on the current sensing circuit.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stan avatar image Stan commented ·

The only a Bluetooth 500a shunt, and an Outback fm60/150. Shunt measuring total and midpoint voltage. That’s all dc, so the AC out values are

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You're not the first one to post this issue, but I have not seen a response by victron. I also get the negative output on L2 when in inverter mode or single phase input. My system shows exactly double the negative output (I have parallel MP2's) six hundred fifty something negative amps on the L2 output. I think there are probably a lot of people that have the same issue but they don't know it because you only see it if you are looking at the output thru node red, mqtt, or victron connect via a MK3. It doesn't appear on the GUI except for in the device list.

Edit: this is on the MP2 2x120, all the posts I have seen is for the same unit. I have seen several more posts about this issue on a few Facebook groups.

2 comments
2 |3000

Stan avatar image Stan commented ·

New install, firmware is 506, Outback fm60/150 and the MK3

0 Likes 0 ·
carlrx7 avatar image carlrx7 commented ·
I have the same issue with ac out L2 showing -655 amps. Smart dongle reads 0 amps L2 out. Did you find a solution?
0 Likes 0 ·