question

alexandru avatar image
alexandru asked

ev charging station NS disconnecting bluetooth and wifi network

Hello, I recently purchased the NS EV charging station, where it often disconnects, either when the car is charging or when the station is free, it remains blocked, we can't access it either from bluetooth or from the web page, it doesn't work from VRM either. (firmware v1.26)

In order to be able to use the station, I have to disconnect the circuit breaker, it works for a while, the it can no longer be accessed.

How can this problem be fixed where the station must be very easily accessible by the rest of the family?img-1910.jpg

The station is placed near a street. The station during charging does not block the connected cable, where in the morning I find the cable removed from the station. How can this be fixed?

Thank you very much for help and support.

Alexandru

ev charging stationev charger ns
img-1910.jpg (6.4 MiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can you make sure you're running the latest version of Victron Connect? There ware some BT issues on one of the previous versions.

0 Likes 0 ·
alexandru avatar image alexandru Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello, yes it is the latest version of VictronConnect v5.95 I think…Thank you for your quick reply

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ alexandru commented ·
And it was never possible to connect? Or this is something new?

Can you please delete the pairing with EVCS from the Bluetooth menu of your phone and try again. Also in the webpage of the EVCS (settings/network) there is a button to unpair all devices, please try with that also.

If nothing works, in victron connect, go to settings, and there is a “create service report” button. Use it after trying to connect. It will generate a log file. Please send it to me by email (lpopescu@victronenergy.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
alexandru avatar image alexandru Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello,

I have followed these steps several times with no succes. I'm away from home maybe 2/3 days with work, the rest of the family charge the car at the normal 230V outlet, because the charging station remains blocked and cannot be accessed, where the electrical connection is 3x400V/+N. It is not pleasant to invest in the entire Victron line (3x Multiplus, Mppt 450/200 Tr, storage batteries, ATS, smart meter ) and the charging station that close this whole chain...

Is there a LAN port in the accessory , where we can connect it by wire, so it would be much more reliable??

Thank you,

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ alexandru commented ·

I'm trying to help you here, the behavior you are experiencing is not something normal, and we have to understand why this is happening.

I see 2 options, you can either return the unit back if you are unhappy, or we can try debugging with your help (you said in the other post that you are a KNX integrator, so you are very technical)

It might be an external reason that we can solve it remotely.

When you decide, I gave you my email address, let's continue there

0 Likes 0 ·
8 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

And regarding the cable lock, the EVCS does not contain a looking motor, it was not designed for public places.
If you want to have a cable permanently locked, that's possible. I can tell you how if you want.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

GRIGORIU avatar image GRIGORIU commented ·
That will be very interesting to share for everyone 5 along with the change of the contactor for phase switching). Is it possible to have a thread with some "(un)supported mods for the EVCS ?

This will be much more educative for everyone (if of course Victron policy allows it).

1 Like 1 ·
alexandru avatar image
alexandru answered ·

Hello, yes I want to tell me how to lock the charging cable, so I don't have any more surprises to find it detached from the charging station. Thank you for your advice!

1 comment
2 |3000

The empty square from the picture is aligned with a similar one inside the EVCS connector when the cable is instead. You just need to put a some kind of pin through both of them, and it will keep the cable locked. You should have access from inside the unit, but I'm not sure what are your DIY skills level. :)
Remember not to have the EVCS powered while doing this.

1694157861424.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1694157861424.png (149.0 KiB)
alexandru avatar image
alexandru answered ·

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.

There is no DIY problem, I am a KNX integrator electrician. Now the following are coming:

-1 where do I open the station, what will happen to the warranty?

-2 why would I put the kind of pin, instead of a motorized type 2 socket, (reference provided by you) where I am honestly amazed that there is no such protection against accidental cable pulling. (where I changed a cable pulled out and left on the ground in the rain...)

-3 in the case of an electrical inspection by the competent authorities, what do I do to dismantle the station to remove the kind of pin ...

1 comment
2 |3000

1. nothing, there are no seals, same as for the rest of the Victron products

2. the charging station was designed for home use, not for public places. So the motor for locking the cable is not needed for applications like that.

3. we are talking about locking a cable, it has nothing to do with electrical authorities in my opinion.

-1 Like -1 ·
robinschrooten avatar image
robinschrooten answered ·

Hi,

I have a similar issue with the bluetooth/wifi disconnect. The device is not visible anymore in the victron connect app, the light ring does not work anymore,... The only way to recover is to switch off the circuit braker. After repowering, it works again for some days.

Looks like a memory leak in the software or something, causing the internal cpu (espressif esp32 probably) to lock up...

2 |3000

EV charger is running firmware v1.24... I am upgrading now to 1.26 to see if it helps

2 |3000

Other issues now... Auto mode doesn't work anymore.
I only have the EV-charger and a CerboGX (no batteries). The Cerbo monitors the grid feed-in from my solar panels, and when I have excessive energy, it starts charging my EV. This was working on FW 1.24 of the EV charger, now with FW1.26 I am getting "LOW SOC" while I have +6000w grid injection...

1 comment
2 |3000

Check the modebus tcp registers, there is one address that enables virtual battery with 100% soc. https://www.victronenergy.com/ev-charging/ev-charging-station-ns#technical-information

0 Likes 0 ·

I have set modbus register 5065 to value 0, fixing my auto charge issue
System charge mode: 0 (Feed in), 1 (Battery powered)
Seems like the firmware upgrade changed this value.

I don't think it is OK for a firmware upgrade to change set values to something else. This might completely mess up a system's configuration...

Let's see now if it still locks up with this new firmware...

1 comment
2 |3000

That value was not present in the previous firmware. Automatic mode without the rest of the Victron system is not officially supported.
0 Likes 0 ·

Just as an update, since I upgraded the firmware, I didn't havve any lockups anymore... so that is a fix I would say...

2 |3000