question

jos84 avatar image
jos84 asked

EM540 grid meter shows polarity inversed values in VRM dashboard

I have a 3-fase home connection and one multiplus2 + pylontech battery on fase L1

I have split off some groups in my home setup and connected them to the critical loads output of the multiplus.

Everything else is connected to AC input (including a few solar panels) so I am not using AC output

I have an EM540 meter after the main switch to measure my total production/consumption and it is defined as external grid meter in the Cerbo settings

I have installed ESS assistant and run a small node-red flow to control the grid setpoint manually

1693597183659.png

In this example picture the battery is idle. The ants move in the direction of the critical loads and the direction of the grid.

Somehow the grid shows the values in inversed mode?

I checked the manual of the em540 but see no option to invert the polarities.

What could be the cause of this?

dashboard display
1693597183659.png (123.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
gerhardlang avatar image
gerhardlang answered ·

The input from the grid meter goes into the upper connectors of the EM540?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jos84 avatar image
jos84 answered ·

must have had a total blackout, thx

2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image
daniel-feist answered ·

@jos84 Did you fix this by rewiring, or by changing the polarity in the software?

I have the same issue, and in theory, this can be changed via the "Universal Configuration Software", but the changes don't seem to have an impact.

2 |3000

jos84 avatar image
jos84 answered ·

I changed the wiring

4 comments
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·
OK. I managed to connect the software and it recommends a change to support bottom input (so it seems this is supported) but then it doesn't update the meter. Think I need to call CG on Monday.
0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist daniel-feist commented ·

CG sent me a newer version of the UCM software which wasn't available online and with this I was able to adjust polarity in software.

0 Likes 0 ·
Timo Engelmann avatar image Timo Engelmann daniel-feist commented ·
Hi Daniel,

can you give me an information about the version?
Or better can you send me the UCS-Tool?
I have the problem, that the wires coming from the official grid meter are to short for connecting on the upper side of the EM540. So I have to invert the Input/Output in the Software.

Thanks Timo

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist Timo Engelmann commented ·

"UCS 7.34.3" is the version that works. Should be available online somewhere I assume, or ask CG. If you have any issue let me know and I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic