question

conkev23 avatar image
conkev23 asked

I need help from someone at Victron

I have been trying to resolve an issue I am having with a Mutliplus II and have been in contact with my dealer for many weeks and I am getting nowhere close to a resolution. I need someone at Victron to help me with other options about getting this resolved.

I know this is a community forum, but I am hoping someone from Victron sees this post and can help me.

Multiplus-IIsupport
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Please at least describe your system and the problem you have.
0 Likes 0 ·
conkev23 avatar image conkev23 derrick thomas commented ·
yep, that is the issue
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You did a good job at researching the problem there, but a system overview would still be helpful.

Your dealer is responsible to help you to get the unit repaired or exchanged.
(amazon is not your dealer)

Here you can enter the serial number of your device to see who the original distributor was:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support

Or use this form:
https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/
Victron than will contact the original distributor to help you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conkev23 avatar image
conkev23 answered ·

Hi Matthias,

I see that I was not clear in my post, I need someone at Victron to contact me so I can get this unit repaired or replaced. I have been in contact with my dealer, and I am getting nowhere with them. They say that they have submitted an RMA case with Victron, but I have been waiting for almost four weeks now for the information on what I need to do.

Needless to say, I am not happy camper right now because I am unable to complete my installation.

5 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Victron turn around approvals really quickly, stock may take time depending what it is, but if the dealer is suggesting they haven’t heard back, that is highly unlikely. They also have complete visibility into shipping or delays and should be able to keep you informed, this is their responsibility. I would ask for the RMA number and then contact the sales manager in country (listed as contacts on the main site).

If you post the RMA here we can also try ask through the avenues available to us.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Like nickdb is suggesting, it seems your dealer is not being completely forward with you. I had a cerbo replaced under warranty a few months ago and my dealer had a RMA response and shipped out the replacement in less than 24 hours.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It's very unlikely that a RMA takes 4 weeks, normally they should get feedback after a day or two with instructions what to do next. So I think your dealer didn't do that.

If you use the 2nd link than Victron than will contact the original distributor and he has to react to that otherwise you can give a negative feedback.

Ask your dealer for the RMA number and post that here along with the serial number of the device.

0 Likes 0 ·
conkev23 avatar image conkev23 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It's funny, I got an immediate response from the dealer when I submitted in the beginning but now it's silence.
0 Likes 0 ·
conkev23 avatar image conkev23 commented ·
Thank you for the feedback, I was highly suspicious that the delay was on Victron's end, I will reach out on the support link again.
0 Likes 0 ·
conkev23 avatar image
conkev23 answered ·

Here is an update on this.

Still pretty much radio silence from the dealer, last email from them was four weeks ago.

I spent a good amount of time chatting with Amazon a few weeks ago and was able to get the defective unit exchanged. Installed and tested the unit right away and all is working as it should.

I pray that I have no other issues with these units because I will lose my mind if have to deal with this seller again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.