question

sverre avatar image
sverre asked

My BatteryProtect has Remote H and L. Which should BMS be conneted to ?

HI,

I have purchased a BatteryProtect 200, and the unit differs from the manual. I would like to use the Load Disconnect output from a BMS to control when the BatteryProtect cuts power.

I have programmed the BatteryProtect to mode C, but the unit has remote pins "H" and "L". I cannot find these in the manual, and the order of the pins for Alarm/GND/Prog on the unit is not the same as in the manual either. I've taken the latest PDF from the web site, that was no help either.

Which Remote pin shall the BMS Load Disconnect output go to?

Best Regards,

/Sverre Eplov

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @sverre@awion.dk,

The H and L means active High or active L.
If your BMS control signal is High when allowed to discharge use the H pin. If Low when allowed the charge use the L pin.
Make sure that you look up the correct manual for you product. There is the Smart battery protect series and the Battery protect series. The connectors for these models are different.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sverre avatar image sverre commented ·

Thank you - I had downloaded the manual for the BatteryProtect, not the Smart BatteryProtect which I have.

Thank you for the clarification, that helped.

Best Regards,

/Sverre Eplov

0 Likes 0 ·