question

rnd-aic avatar image
rnd-aic asked

How to clone Venus OS

Hi All,

For my project I need to do several modifications in VenusOS on CerboGX, (python scripts, python packages etc) and I need to clone whole system to another Cerbo.
Is it possible to do that?

Kind regards
Andrew

cerbo gxVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Not currently. There was a backup/restore option that briefly appeared, but it had issues and it has not returned.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Kevin Windrem's guimods does provide a backup option but it is not all inclusive. It will not clone but it may be of some value in transferring some settings etc. Not sure if it can be used from one device to another with a different serial number though.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Moved the post tho the modification space. You probably want to read the https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access and put your modifications on the /data partition and use patches from the rc.local script. This way you can keep up to date with the latest firmware, while still doing your modifications.

2 |3000