question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Cerbo GX relay wire gauge?

Just wondering if there is a particular wire gauge that should be used (or a min/max gauge) for the relays in the Cerbo GX. Would 16 GA wire work?

I'm about to wire in a two wire start/stop for a generator and I've seen some discussions of relays frying on the Cerbo...I just want to make sure I do everything I can to keep that from happening before I try it. Many thanks for any suggestions!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I can't remember the value, it's in the manual, but Cerbo relays are for low current loads. Pick a guage based on current and voltage drop over distance. Common acceptable value is 3% max voltage drop.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·

@AlaskanNoob

I was looking for the same info and didn't see it in the manual. Did you ever find out?

F.

1 Like 1 ·
alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob Fideri commented ·
No, never did.
0 Likes 0 ·
alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
I didn't see it in the manual, but maybe I missed it. If you think it's in there, what page number did you see it on?
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I don't think AWG 16 fits in the connector, but I haven't tried it.

Use a ferrule on the wire end.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sorry, missed the follow up. It's in the technical specs. 1000016951.jpg

1000016951.jpg (232.4 KiB)
2 |3000