question

ncrjamie avatar image
ncrjamie asked

MPPT 100/20 What wire connectors am I supposed to be using here?

I have a 10 Gauge wire coming out of my Goal Zero 1000 Solar generator. I need to hook it to the MPPT charge controller terminal. Someone mentioned go get 10 gauge Spade Connectors. I did. Not fitting. How the heck am I supposed to be making a connection? They don't fit. Then I tried to get the blue hood off, (maybe go underneath) its not coming off. (Yes, I took the screws off) Battery + - and PV + - I have never done this stuff, and I have searched quite some time, and this is getting frustrating. Can someone send me detailed instructions or a video how to make a connection Please? I cant even use anything until I make these connections. And its officially hurricane season Thanks Jamie- Florida

MPPT Controllers
victron-1.jpg (125.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patrick1230 avatar image patrick1230 commented ·

Hey Jamie. What EC8 connector did you buy to hook it to the Goal Zero? I think you posted on Will Prowse youtube channel. I watched the same video, but it doesn't look like that EC8 connector from Goal Zero that Will mentions would work. Am I wrong? I'm looking to do the exact same thing with my Goal Zero.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ncrjamie

In these terminals it is allowed to have wires without ferrules, but I always use ferrules as this makes life easier. Especially with fine stranded wire.

Use a ferrule crimper that has 4 chucks, so it makes a square crimp.

2 |3000