question

sophiawo avatar image
sophiawo asked

BMV say 100%, but is not charging, VE BUS not showing overview, power overload shutting down

Hello!

Thank you!

I have been trouble shooting for days.

I have 6 - 100amp 12volt batteries. System worked great no issues. Then slowly I wouldn’t keep power over night.

Then a storm came through and blew the extension chord. And since then:

- my system only works with direct solar power

- battery bank detached, tested all 6 and then all came up good 13.5 ish.

The bank seems to not be charging. When plugged into shure power multiplus 12/3000/120 rotates from “overload” “temperature” shut off to inverter on. Overloads and resets.

The smart BMV says my battery bank is at 100% but if that’s true my system isn't pulling anything, becuae it crashes and I loose ALL power.

I can’t find the multiplus in the device list, can’t find the ESS setting access.

I have not signed into my VRM. I am not sure what course of action to take ofter I sign in.

Here are a bunch of pics and videos.

I’m slowing working my through terms and manuals. Please be very detailed oriented. Like where things need to be plugged in.

An

I unplugged the BMV:

With BMV plugged in:

72209fa9-dae5-4623-90a7-d890fc574275.png

Multiplus-IIVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The multiplus isn't supposed to show on the device list as it does not have Bluetooth.

Things to check

Power switch on multiplus in On position.

Fuses

Cable connections.

Multiplus settings using a MK3 adapter and Victron VE.Config software

If these check out, you need to get the multiplus to a dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.