question

padamson1 avatar image
padamson1 asked

VictronConnect won't pair after losing phone

I have seen many related postings on this topic, but none seem to cover my situation. I had paired to all the Victron devices on my boat successfully with my Android phone, but no other device could pair once I did. My phone has since died (fell in the water). When I try to connect using an iPad, I can connect to my batteries, but nothing else (not MPPTs, Smartshunts, Inverter, etc.).

I am guessing the non-battery devices still think they are paired with my Android phone (even though it is dead). Before I try to reset the pin on those devices, I want to make sure that the device will also clear its pairing so that I can reconnect with another device. Also I can't see some of the PUK ID's I apparently need in order to complete the reset b/c of how the devices were mounted. Is there another way to get the PUK, don't see them on the manuals...

I definitely do not want to do a factory reset as these devices all have custom settings and if I can't reconnect then I am in big trouble.

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @padamson1

What type of iPad do you have and which VictronConnect version? VictronConnect v5.92 contained a regression for the iPad Pro 2016 model. Fixed in v5.93, released a few days ago.

Our products can be paired with multiple phones/tablets and when it runs out of space, the oldest is removed to make place for pairing information of the new device. So this should not be a problem in this case.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.