question

balkan avatar image
balkan asked

MPPT and VE.CAN

Hello,

I have a project with many power devices, including a MPPT 250/70 VE.Can, all are already planned to communicate over a CAN bus with CANOpen protocol. I'd like to implement few functions of the VE.CAN in an existing gateway to save another conversion device and dedicated wiring.

The information I'd like to read will be charging voltage + current, solar array voltage + current, status of the MTTP. No control : we have power electronics who can isolate devices one by one, so we could unload the charger if required.

I'd like to know if there is an existing documentation of the VE.CAN bus to check if it could have a compatibility with VE.CAN and if so the protocol documentation to implement it partially ?

MPPT ControllersVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

balkan avatar image
balkan answered ·

Thanks a lot, but NMEA2000/J1939 and CANOpen are not really compatible even if they do share the same physical layer.

I found by digging this forum that some projects (OceanVolt) have already enabled communication with Victron and CANOpen (SEVCON controllers) but from what I've understood they use a kind of gateway, so no direct link.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual