question

solentmancub avatar image
solentmancub asked

MPPT 75/15 offlline

Morning. I recently brought a Motorhome with a 75/15 fitted & no password. I had to perform a reset & it allowed me to connect + perform a software update.

The Unit has 2 lead acid Leisure batteries hanging off in in paralell. The victron is slowly flashing blue & indicates it’s offline. I have no clue how to get it back. I did find a file with no date which I think was a back up but it cannot be opened as it’s not compatible with the newer software. I will in the future upgrade the batteries to Victron Li

I could do with some pointers please

offtopic
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Solentmancub

If you cannot connect with bluetooth then do a power cycle and try again. The app will tell you why it is not charging.

Disconnect solar, disconnect the battery. Wait 3 minutes.

Connect battery, connect solar.

Try with the app again.

0 Likes 0 ·
solentmancub avatar image solentmancub Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Sorry I wasn’t clear on that. I am in the app hence I know the Victron has no output. I just need help understanding the config & how to restore it to a working condition
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solentmancub commented ·

Well what panels do you have on it.

Does the app at the bottom say why it is not charging?

Maybe share some screenshots of what you are seeing.

1 Like 1 ·
I am knew to all this, I will get some screenshots today
0 Likes 0 ·
solentmancub avatar image solentmancub solentmancub commented ·

img-2378.jpg

Should this jumper be fitted at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2378.jpg (87.9 KiB)

img-2379.png

This is after I had reconnected power

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2379.png (157.3 KiB)

img-2377.png

Before Battery disconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2377.png (157.2 KiB)
2 Answers
victormccormicke avatar image
victormccormicke answered ·

Make sure that all physical connections between the Victron device and your batteries are secure and properly connected. Loose or disconnected cables could lead to communication issues.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solentmancub avatar image solentmancub commented ·
All is good on the connections. The issues is config or lack of it since it insisted I upgrade the Firm ware. Now I can't load the back up config file as it's no longer useable with the upgraded software. I recently brought the van and have not used this kit before. I had to do a reset as I did not have the bluetooth code. now nothing is charging as per my photos above. I have two 75 Amp leisure batteries not charging on the sunniest day in ages.
0 Likes 0 ·
solentmancub avatar image solentmancub commented ·

vic.jpg

My set up. All this does is flash a blue LED slowly

0 Likes 0 ·
vic.jpg (158.4 KiB)
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Your PV voltage is too low. It needs to be at least 5V higher than battery voltage to start charging. In your case PV voltage is lower than battery voltage.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic