question

dampcave avatar image
dampcave asked

Understanding PowerAssist (seems not to be working?)

Hello! I am off the grid with a new Multiplus Compact 2000, 24v battery bank, PV power with auxiliary generator. I have a dehumidifier that I run occasionally, and so as not to stress the battery bank, I like to run the generator into the Multiplus along with it (which is a portable inverter generator, 2000 watts). The dehumidifier pulls about 400w running, with a larger surge when the compressor engages. Unfortunately, the surge from the compressor has been stressing the generator to the point of overloading. At first I thought that this was only happening because the generator was also working hard to charge the battery bank, but no--the generator later overloaded with the battery bank at 98%. And strangely, if I simply plug the dehumidifier directly into the generator, then the generator handles the dehumidifier just fine.

I have PowerAssist and Dynamic Current Limiter both enabled, and I thought that PowerAssist was designed for this exact type of situation, and was one of the reasons I chose this inverter.

It occurred to me that a problem might be that AC input current limit is set at 50A, which is maybe too high? But I cannot seem to change the setting in the app. I enter a new value but the setting doesn't change from 50A.

Any insight is much appreciated!

Generatorpowerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Make sure you have "over ruled by remote" enabled in the multi configuration

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dampcave avatar image dampcave commented ·
I will try that, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
dampcave avatar image dampcave dampcave commented ·
That seemed to do the trick. At least now the current limit is in effect so that the inverter runs below its max capacity, and when a new load comes online, it has more headroom to accommodate it. Thanks again!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop