question

Jim avatar image
Jim asked

Offline data appears to be uploaded but not showing in VRM

Greetings, I am using a Venus Pi, and when the Pi is connected to a network, all of my summary and advanced graphs are showing data in VRM. If Venus loses the internet network connection, which it frequently does as this is in a travel trailer, it shows that it has data stored for later upload. When Venus has internet connectivity again, the stored data again shows 0, but VRM shows no information for the time the system did not have internet network connectivity.

I would expect that the stored data being uploaded would fill in the graphs?

My site is 37828

Jim

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jim avatar image Jim commented ·

Is anyone else seeing data missing from offline times?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matias Käkelä avatar image
Matias Käkelä answered ·

Yes, I’m seeing the same behavior. Only that data is sent which is generated when an internet connection is present. When raspberry pi is offline, nothing seems to be sent even after it comes back online. Settings show that an external storage is being used.

Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to debug this?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marnix Keesmaat avatar image
Marnix Keesmaat answered ·

Does anybody has a solution for this? I added a extra sdcard as offline storage and updated Generic Venus Device (rpi or other) to v2.60 in the hope this was the cause.

So... de RPi logs al the data... but it is never shown on the VRM dashboard when it's not uploaded when the internet connection is present?

Is there no time/date on the recorded data?

Would be very nice to see all year history in situations there is not always internet but well logging.

Is dit a bug on VRM portal or Venus?

2 |3000

andrea-collecchia avatar image
andrea-collecchia answered ·

I have the same problem with the Cerbo, has anyone solved it? Thanks

2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

We experience the same issue with logging devices that we have built using Raspberry Pi's. They are useless when the connection goes down. We have expanded to ensure that all available SD card space can be used by Venus OS but for some reason on Pi, it does not replay logs when it comes back online.

2 |3000