question

Hans avatar image
Hans asked

Best practice connect: Pylontech, MPPT VE.can, Quattro(140A), Cerbo GX

Whats the recommended way to connect these?

My thoughts atm are:

MPPT directly to Pylontech, VE.can to Cerbo gx

Pylontech to Quattro and ve.bms to Cerbo gx.

Quattro via VE.bus to Cerbo gx (get error see other topic)

Any suggestions?

wiring diagramconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Hans avatar image
Hans answered ·

In the end I used Bush bars as this is recommended although I never was quite clear why exactly even in this specific case.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonofe avatar image jonofe commented ·

How would you manage the recommended battery capacity and the right sizing of DC cables without a busbar? Do you operate a Quattro with 140A with only one battery and one 25mm2 Pylontech cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Hans

I personally go all to the GX device, but I think this link explains it for you:

The pylontech to quattro might be the cause of your other errors.

Victron & Pylontech UP2500, US2000, US3000, US2000C, US3000C, US5000, US5000B, US5000C, Pelio-L, UP5000, Phantom-S, Force-L1 & L2 [Victron Energy]

6 comments
2 |3000

Hans avatar image Hans commented ·
ah yes thank you I was wondering if a bushbar is needed a pylontech has 2 - and 2 + i was thinking 1 to Quattro and one to the MPPT.

All communication is going trough cerbo gx atm

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 Hans commented ·

Oohh sorry i assumed communication.

I imagine you can get away with that however I believe most people use additional busbars rather than using pylontech essentially as the busbar.

I was scrolling through this to see if there was a concrete example, couldnt spot anything but might be useful

Wiring Unlimited (victronenergy.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ matt1309 commented ·

@matt1309

Use a bus bar.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hans avatar image Hans Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Why?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Hans commented ·

Use of a bus bar is best practice.

It allows better current sharing in the install.

Ease of connection and cable routing. No lug stacking. Neater install. Easier to remove or add components without disturbing the rest that is working.

Individual fusing is easier too.

2 Likes 2 ·
Hans avatar image Hans Alexandra ♦ commented ·
This is why I asked, while I absolutely agree with you, but with my setup putting a busbar this introduce more connection points instead of the benefits? I do not mean to argue I just like to be completely clarified why exactly it is best practice
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic