question

hans-van-rafelghem avatar image
hans-van-rafelghem asked

Can I combine a Blue Smart Charger and a MPPT BlueSolar charge controller

I have a 12V Optima Yellowtop AGM battery in my 4x4 as a secondary battery which is connected to a 75W solar panel via a MPPT 75/15 BlueSolar charge controller. When my car is parked inside I want to connect the battery to my IP65 Blue Smart Charger. Do I have to disconnect the solar panels or can I leave them connected?

battery chargingSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Hans. It'd be ok to even leave them charging together (if parked outside) . It will happen faster of course, but each will follow it's own charge algorithm independently. There'll be no 'feedback' issues if the kit is in good working order.

Mid-winter for me right now. Unfortunately I have to do similar most days.. panels stay up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hans-van-rafelghem avatar image hans-van-rafelghem commented ·

Thanks John

0 Likes 0 ·
Ed Baak avatar image
Ed Baak answered ·

Will there be an advantage to use a Cerbo in such a configuration, i.e. is the Cerbo somehow orchestrating between the two devices?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic