question

stlmik-78 avatar image
stlmik-78 asked

EV Charging Station limited to 11kW

Hi,

I am planning to buy an EV charger to my home. I have photovoltaic power plant installation based on two Victron Multiplus-II 48V 5000VA (2-phase). Also I unfortunately have only 3x25A home connection.

So, the question is, can I safely use EV Charging Station and not overload the home installation? The 3x25A cannot handle 22kW. Is there a way to limit the charger to just 11kW?

I would love to have the Victron EV charger, since it seems to have the functionalities I am looking for (and I expect it to work well with other Victron devices), but I am not sure if the 22kW power output is not a no-go for me.

Thanks.

Regards, Stanislav

ev charging station
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, yes, have a look below

1691355703959.png

1 Like 1 ·
1691355703959.png (227.4 KiB)
stlmik-78 avatar image stlmik-78 Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot for superfast reaction.

What I am worried with this setting is, that it is software-based. What if there is a firmware update, will this stay the same? Is there no danger, that it accidentally switches to default 32A? The trouble with my installation is, that if the charger takes more than 16A, it might overload the cables and actually damage the installation...

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ stlmik-78 commented ·
It is part of the initial setup of the device, and yes, It will be kept during software update, But it's mandatory to have a fuse installed before the EVCS, so if you are trying to charge with more, the fuse should protect. Please consider discussing with a qualified installer.
0 Likes 0 ·
stlmik-78 avatar image stlmik-78 Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

You are probably right, fuse shall protect it. The electrician will probably know what to do :)

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers