question

smudger6635 avatar image
smudger6635 asked

Multiplus 2 Inverter Overload problem.

I have a MultiPlus-II 48V 3000 35Amp unit installed on my boat. I don't currently use the inverter and nothing is wired into either of the AC outputs. I only use it to charge the 4 off 200Ah LiFePo4 batteries. Recently, when switching on the charger, the "Mains On" light will flash until the unit has synchronised, the "Mains On" light then goes steady and the "Bulk" light comes on for about 5 seconds, after which the Inverter "Overload" light comes on and the the other 2 charger lights go off. The unit shuts down. As I said at the start, there is nothing wired to the inverter outputs so why is the Inverter Overload light coming on? I should state that the batteries were pretty well fully charged when I did this. Not had a chance to try it again with partially discharged batteries. Anyone else had this issue?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@smudger6635

I would advise you to contact a Victron dealer if you do not know who your dealer is, please visit https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smudger6635 avatar image smudger6635 commented ·

Thanks Martijn,

I have since returned to the boat and ran the charger using my portable generator with no recurring fault so it was either a one off or it only happens when the batteries are fully charged. I have been in contact with my supplier and if the fault happens again when the batteries a re fully charged, I will return the unit for testing.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·