question

GRIGORIU avatar image
GRIGORIU asked

Controlling a distant charge with a Multi RS/Cerbo gx systel

Hi

I am advancing with the design and implementation of my Off-grid system which will be made of a Multi RS Solar, a Cerbo GX and Pylontech batteries.

However I would need to switch on and off a very distant charge (- >20m wifi controlled ideally) when solar porduction is in excess/batteries are full.

Can this be done directly from the Cerbo ? (some programming) ?

I am taking any advices/examples.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bgrigoriu

To switch the inverter off it is as easy as navigating in the GX menu in the device list to the Multi and changing state there in the menu.

The Pylontec will control the charge, and if it doesn't the inverter will have base programming. So not sure why you would need to intefere with the mppt production?

There is the safety switch which can be triggered from the gx relay that stops a few things happening. But seems drastic if it is going to a normal use item.

Then the is the two signal bms control option but not sure how that will work with the pylontec control and GX not tried it on a managed battery system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

GRIGORIU avatar image GRIGORIU commented ·
I think I have not writen well the question.

I need "just" to drive an AC load - purely resistive (of/off ok, better if I could modulate the power) based on the state of charge of the batteries or better on the solar production.

I would like to do it INSIDE the Cerbo and not adding an third party devices.

Just like EV chargers do based on solar excess.

0 Likes 0 ·