question

sportswagoneer avatar image
sportswagoneer asked

Feature request: Node Red node for sending custom VRM push notifications

The VRM push notifications are great for alarms - but limited to predefined content and situations.
It would be great to have a "VRM" control node in the Victron Node RED library with the ability to pass a customized payload string on to VRM and have it pushed to the user just like an alarm message.

VRMNode-REDpush notifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sportswagoneer avatar image
sportswagoneer answered ·

Second this!
I want to use the accelerometer data from the Ruuvi tag Pro to notify of a sudden stop (grounding?) in my sailboat. Would be very useful for renting/loaning scenarios. VRM would seem to be the best way of notifying of such an event!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

equus-luna avatar image equus-luna commented ·
Or at least allow changes in the priority of alarms and therefor pushes in the native VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
equus-luna avatar image
equus-luna answered ·

Well, Good news. I have found a solution. There is a code red node called SimplePush

https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-simplepush

that allows a message to be pushed to your mobile device. This does mean installing the Simple Push App on your IOS or android device. Also, if you want any customization or if you want to receive > 10 push notifications per month, you will need to pay the $12 annual subscription. Now personally, I love installing a whole bunch of new apps to my phone and I love paying another subscription fee that will sure to be auto-renewing 10 years for now. However, I have tested it out and it seems to work pretty good. So all and all, an acceptable solution until Victron gives us more access to customize push notifications within the app.

2 |3000

Peter Van Tienen avatar image
Peter Van Tienen answered ·

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Just what I was looking for.

2 |3000