question

dave23 avatar image
dave23 asked

Easy Solar II GX breakers

Hello,

I need help with Easy Solar II GX installation for off grid use with generator.

So far I got RDC 32A and 16A automatic breaker.

1. I read that instead RDC I would need RCBO 40A, or add MCB before RDC?

2. System is 24V so I will need 250A fuse, there are two kinds available: normal and automatic, which would be better?

3. Do I also need to put circuit breakers on + and - wires from solar panel, if yes which ones? Solar panel is Victron mono 360W.

4. Do I need to put RCBO with 13A breaker on input from generator?

5. Output 2 I will use for welding only when generator is on. Would RCBO 32A or 40A with same amperage breaker be better? Also would 32A sockets be ok to use?

Thank you

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

For the AC input, you should use a 32 or 40A breaker - an rcbo or RDC is liable to trip on the input side.

For the AC out use a 32A or smaller RCBO.

For the DC: the battery positive will need a switch and a 250A fuse. I think that you are better with a normal (automotive) fuse for this current.

Depending on local regulations, you may need to put breakers in both the positive and negative cables to the PV panel, but you should at least have a breaker in the positive. I hope that you have more than one solar panel.

you also need a transfer switch on AC in if you plan to use a generator as well as the mains input. You should not just use circuit breakers to do this switching, as you need to prevent possible connection of the generator to the mains. If you are only using a generator then the AC in breaker needs rating according to the generator power, or at 32A. for the welder, 32A sockets are fine but again breaker should be 32A or smaller.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.